Chitika NEW

Apply to be a Chitika Publisher!

Infolinks Related Tags

Infolinks Related Tags

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Meredith Baxter

‘Family Ties’ Star: My Ex Hit Me.


Meredith Baxter, best known for her role as Elyse Keaton on Family Ties and more recently Ellen Rush on Cold Case, has released her memoirs this week. One shocking revelation: her ex, David Birney, used to allegedly beat her.

According to Baxter, her ex-husband and costar of Bidget Loves Birney hit her on several occasions during fights. People had a quote from her new book Untied, where the actress states of one event:

“It was so sudden and unexpected, I couldn’t tell you which hand hit me, or even how hard. I do recall thinking, ‘I’d better not get up because he’s going to hit me again.’ ”

Birney has denied this allegation.

Baxter has revealed many things over the years, and not just about the father of her three children. In 2009, she came out as a lesbian and began working heavily in support of the Human Rights Campaign. She also admitted that she had an alcohol problem in the past, and had been sober since 1990.

I love Meredith Baxter. Not only do I think she is a fantastic actress, but she is a strong and interesting woman who overcame a number of obstacles. Whether the truth of the alleged abuse is sorted out or not, I look forward to reading her book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Info Related Tags