Chitika NEW

Apply to be a Chitika Publisher!

Infolinks Related Tags

Infolinks Related Tags

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday 2011


Today is Fat Tuesday. It used to ba national holiday in Sweden, but now it only is up North, but I don’t need to be there to have a holiday today, I can have a holiday any day I like yay. Seems like it’s known around the rest of the world as Shrove Tuesday, a religious holiday, and in England you’re supposed to eat pancakes. In my house we only eat pancakes on Thursdays though.

Today we’ll be eating semlor, the amazing pastrie you see above with tons of fluffy cream, almond-mass (a mixture of honey, sugar & almonds, there’s no direct translation for mandelmassa, dictionaries tell me it’s marzipan, but it’s not marzipan, marzipan is made of almond-mass, not the other way around) & a sweet hollow bread bun around that. I love semlor. They taste great, and they’re like air, you can eat tons.

Also, it turns out today is an international womens day too. I didn’t know that, but of course we will be celebrating that as well here at CyberD. Why do I say we btw, I mean I, do I mean me and my site? Anyhow…

I did a little reading about this honorable double-day on Wikipedia and it seems the day isn’t a national holiday here in Sweden. Wouldn’t I know though, it would be on the calender if it really was. The traditions vary between countries and I’m not going to bore you with the details (that didn’t bore me) so head over to Wikipedia if you want them, here’s the page.

Did you know the international day for Men is on November 19 btw? Not that I’ll be celebrating that, or being celebrated, but it’s nice knowing. Happy day to you, female visitor! Hope you feel honored through this blog post, I’d post a rose but that’s just too corny for this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Info Related Tags