Chitika NEW

Apply to be a Chitika Publisher!

Infolinks Related Tags

Infolinks Related Tags

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ryan Adams on 'Come Pick Me Up'


After "American Idol's'" Top 13 show started on the east coast, contestant Paul McDonald tweeted, "I hope you enjoy the tune I chose for the show tonight...it might not be top 40 tv hits, but I enjoy artists that are a bit under the radar!"

So what tune did Paul choose? Ryan Adam's "Come Pick Me Up," which is not exactly a mainstream Top 40 hit. A risk? Definitely. Did it pay off? That's yet to be determined.

After Paul's performance, which included a whole lot of his "Paul McDonald two-step," the judges stressed the fact that they love his quirkiness before worrying about his song choice. "I love who Paul is. I love Ryan Adams. I hope America gets it," Randy Jackson said. Steven Tyler added he "loves the character and rasp in your voice," but did say Paul's performance was a bit pitchy.

Watch this video of Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Info Related Tags